Wednesday, January 15, 2014

resolutions?



Happy New Year to you! I really do hope 2014 is kind to you and yours. The new year is always full of so much promise. It feels fresh and all shiny and new. It can be a time to reassess what you might hope the year ahead delivers for you or it might just be a time to clear the to-do list and let life unfold.

I'm not a big resolution maker. I'm more the type that cleans out the pantry, sorts the linen cupboard, sifts through my wardrobe ridding it of unloved clothes, and adds pretty new plants to brighten up my garden. That seems to be my way of refreshing life for the year ahead.

So far January has been busy for us with many visitors and the odd party or two. This has caused much anxiety for my husband in trying to be social when all he wants to do is withdraw. January has proved to be a little rocky for him thus far. It's so sad to see what rattles him these days, things that he would have given no consideration to at all prior to PTSD entering his life.

The impatience, the despair, the low moods, the lack of motivation have all returned for now.

We are just taking one day at a time. I'm encouraging him not to look too far forward and catastrophise everything before it has happened!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2014 dishes up. No doubt it will unfold just as it should resolutions or no resolutions.

Do you make resolutions each new year?
How do you deal with someone who catastrophises life's events no matter how big or small they might be?

(It's dahlia time in my garden!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Lyn, that's a very good ideas, nothing like escaping into another world with some music!
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn
    That's fantastic, Good for you starting your own blog. I really look forward to reading it. I hope you find it a good way to express how you are feeling and what you are experiencing. I find connecting with others such a great way to share the load. The internet certainly helps to do that.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete